Thursday, January 14, 2016

Hera UV Mist Cushion Ultra Moisture

Ann-yeong!

Finally, I am back to writing my personal reviews on beauty products for once again.

The thing about writing reviews for products - you need to constantly try and test new products in order to give your two-cent on the products. It's either you are sponsored or in worse case scenario like mine, self-sponsored. Ever since I stopped working and started studying again, I stopped buying make-up products unless they are necessary.

However, during my last trip to Korea, I couldn't help but splurge on one of the highly raved BB Cushion - Hera BB Cushion.

If you do not know yet, Hera is one of the higher end brands in Korea. Hera booths are only available in higher end departmental stores. Hera has altogether 4 to 5 different types of BB cushion that cater to the needs of different skin types.

The one that I have gotten is Hera UV Mist Cushion Ultra Moisture in No. 23.

Just like other Korean BB or CC creams in the market, there are not a lot of shade selection available. If I am not mistaken, they have three different shades only - No. 17, No. 21 and the darkest shade is No. 23, which happens to be my shade. I am MAC NC25.


According to the description found on Hera's website, this type of BB cushion is suitable for those with dry, flaky skin.

That's me!

As I age, most of the times, I notice flaky skin especially on my nose. Sometimes, it gets so annoying that I would peel off the skin. The BA recommended this type of BB cushion after noticing my dry skin.


When I took out the BB cushion, I couldn't help but to admire the packaging. Yes! All of Hera's products do have very prestigious packaging.

This BB cushion at the time I purchased it was priced at 48,000 won. It is approximately RM200 all thanks to the lousy Malaysian Ringgit rate.

I know it is not exactly cheap but at that point of time, I really wanted to try this out and I wasn't aware Althea has it at only RM135. Now, I know where to get it once I run out of it. Yes, I am not bluffing, I do love this BB cushion and I am going to re-purchase it.

Truth be told, this is my first BB cushion and you're right, I have jumped into the bandwagon of BB cushion. A lot of my friends are recommending IOPE's BB Cushion but I wasn't keen. I guess the whole reason for me not getting IOPE's BB Cushion could be due to the unfriendly BA at IOPE, Myeongdong.

Anyway, I have mentioned earlier that Hera BB Cushion does have very prestigious packaging.


Best of all, it's purple and purple happens to be one of my favourite colours!

Just like any BB cushion, Hera's BB Cushion comes with an additional 15g refill pack alongside with another 15g that is already attached to the holder. So, altogether, you get 30g worth of product for the price you pay for.

The product itself has SPF34/PA++. Surely, it doesn't have very, very high SPF but personally, I guess this would be quite enough for me since I do wear sunscreen underneath it.

Once opened, this is what you will see...


Everything is so purplish and best of all, again, the packaging makes the product looks so, so classy and elegant!

Some of my friends asked me about the puff that comes together with the BB cushion - does it perform well or does it leave streaks after application?

Lemme tell you, no, the puff doesn't leave streaks after application. It is quite easy to use provided you blend properly. I would say that for every type of different puffs out there, you still need to blend, blend and blend in order to avoid streaks of unwanted foundation or BB cream on your face. The puff doesn't smell rubbery or anything - good!

Now, let me try to describe the smell of the liquid.

Honestly, I prefer products with fragrance rather than those without so, you can more or less guess correctly that this BB cushion does come with a bit of fragrance. However, worry not because the fragrance is very mild and it smells of flowers!


A number of Youtubers and bloggers described this BB cushion as medium to high coverage but honestly, I would say it is a medium coverage BB cushion. It is buildable but not towards high coverage - slightly lower. I have other foundations that covers better than this product itself. This product definitely does not promise a natural look to the wearer. You will look like you are wearing make-up on your skin though.

In the picture below, I applied only one layer and you can see that it does cover the redness on my nose but not perfectly.


One of the things I hate when I put on foundation or BB cream is when the liquid products sink into my pores. The sight is ugly - I am sure a lot of you can relate to that. A lot of people have been telling me to put on primer before applying foundation or BB cream, but, here are times when girls are entitled to be lazy, thus, skipping primer.

What's good about this particular BB cushion is that, it does not sink into my pores without primer!

Amazing, isn't it?

The staying power is quite amazing too.

I worn it out yesterday and it lasted from 11.30am until 6pm, which isn't bad at all!


I wasn't wearing any powder over the BB cushion and it stayed put for around 5 to 6 hours!

Well, like what I've mentioned earlier in this entry, I will purchase this BB cushion once I'm done using it but before that, I would want to try out other BB cushions out there.

No comments: