Thursday, April 28, 2016

Korean 6D Eyebrow Embroidery by Janssen Cosmetics

*** This entry this not sponsored.

How many mornings do you find yourself waking up, wishing you'd be able to look great without having to slap on a face full of make-up?

How many of you find it to annoying to wake up earlier than any other friends just because you need to do your makeup?

How many of you actually wish to wake up, looking like Song Hae-kyo?

*raises both hands*


I would only dream of waking up, just having her perfect eyebrows!

I am not born with perfect eyebrows. I used to tell myself that one of these days I would want to go for eyebrow tattoo to get fuller brows but when my mum first got her eyebrow tattoo around 8 years ago, I freaked out - the tattoo looked horrible and I didn't want to end up with permanent ink on myself... no, no, especially not on my face!


I held back on the thought of getting eyebrow tattoo until recently, I just couldn't bring myself to even spend extra time every single day, to do my brows. I told one of my BFFs, I am going to get eyebrow embroidery done because I want to be able to tell people, "I wake up, looking like this."

The tattoo industry has changed and improved so much over the years. Instead of having a lump of colour on both of your brows through the normal tattooing method, now, they have 3D, 4D and even 6D microblading techniques which provide very natural results.

After doing my research with a few contemplation, I chose to do my Korean 6D Eyebrow Embroidery at Janssen Cosmetics, Kota Damansara and I am so glad to do it at that salon. Now, how do I get to know this salon? Easy as 1, 2, 3! My BFF went online and googled about trusted eyebrow embroidery in Kuala Lumpur and we ended up choosing this salon due to many positive feedback about their services and most important of all, the beauticians are friendly and professional!

I know some of you may have questions. So, I have prepared a few pictures to clear your doubts as well as to answer your questions.

*     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *

1. How does the blade or needle look like? 


Basically, the normal tattoo needle comes with one head while the microblade has several heads attached to one blade to deliver natural strokes that resemble our eyebrow hair.

Please make sure your beautician is using sterilized and single-packed blade to avoid bacterial infection.


If you find out your beautician is not practicing this standard, you may report them.

Our beauticians took out 2 different blades for both my friend and I, then, showed them to us that those blades are completely new and sterilized.


2. How different is the result from normal tattoo?
 

Personally, I would say for normal tattoo procedure, it looks like you have one lump of colour on your brows while microblading provides hair-like finish to the eyebrows. If you still do have questions, you may refer to question No.4 to clear your queries. 


3. Is it permanent or semi-permanent?

I dreaded at the idea of having permanent ink on my body, especially on my face. When I got to know microblading isn't permanent, I jumped at joy! It is semi-permanent. The effects can last up to 2 to 3 years depending on where you get it done and what kind of product your beautician used on you.

Be sure that your beautician uses quality ink or else you'll end up with your eyebrow turning green, just like how a normal tattoo ink would. Always opt for better ink rather than settling for a cheap one.

Our beautician recommended a Taiwan-imported ink that would look very natural even after fading in 2 to 3 years to come.


4. How different is normal to 3D, 4D to 6D embroidery?


I think the picture above will do the explaining. The main difference would be the lengths and frequency of strokes.


5. Is it painful?

To be honest, my tolerance towards pain is like 2 out of 10. Normally, numbing cream would be applied prior to the procedure. If I were to rate the pain from the procedure, I would rate it a 3 or maybe 4, when the effect of the numbing cream rubs off as time passes.


Hence, it is very important to get a beautician with sufficient experience who could work fast and efficient to ensure the client feels minimal pain from the procedure. 

Do bear in mind the pain level depends on the thickness of your skin as well.


If your tolerance towards pain is higher than mine, the process should be really brief and easy for you. The beautician will try her hardest to divert your attention as well through constant conversation with you. 

My beautician, Teng Teng, is so, so friendly and professional. I kinda of forgot about the slight pain as she talked to me.


Please bear in mind that depending on your skin, you may or may not bleed. Even if you do bleed a little, it is completely alright, please do not panic. In the event if you do bleed, take a deep breath and believe me, the bleeding will stop in few minutes.


6. How long does the embroidery process take?

Prior to the embroidery, your beautician will take some time to design the perfect eyebrows for you. Teng Teng is very professional - I was so, so satisfied and in love with the first eyebrow design she drew on me and decided to go for that one.

Now, the most anticipated part - the embroidery process. It may take about 45 minutes to 1 hour, depending if the pigment could be inked easily onto your skin. Mine took a bit longer because it was my first embroidery. Imagine dyeing your black hair for the first time - sometimes, the dye took a little longer to go into your hair.


7. How long does the healing process take?

Approximately 4 to 7 days. After that, the dead skin will peel off on it's own. My advice is NOT to peel the dead skin off because you may be removing the pigments by accident. All you need to do is to be patient and let nature takes it's course. 

Personally, the dead skin on my eyebrows came off on the 5th day. From then on, my hands were itchy so, I kinda peeled it off.


I was lucky that the pigment was still intact even though I did peel the dead skin off. However, I did notice a bit of bald spot after that. Well, even if there is bald spot, there is nothing touch-up can't do.

Let me show you several day-by-day picture of the recovery process.

Right after the embroidery, your eyebrow probably looks it's best!


You will be happy for at least 12 hours before the effect starts to kick in on the 2nd to the 3rd day. The pigment will get darker and darker as the day goes by until it peels off. You can expect to have Shin Chan eyebrows for the next few days.


The eyebrow right after the procedure looked so, so pretty on me - please allow me to be at least at little bit vain about it.


On the 4th day, I noticed the thickness or width of the eyebrow shrunk a little. Don't worry, it's nothing bad. I'm sure you wouldn't want Shin Chan's eyebrows, right?


On the 5th day, the pigment wasn't that intense any longer. In fact, I loved my brows on that day! I mean if I have to live this this brow shade for the next 3 years, I have no problem with it!

Finally, on the 6th day, the dead skin peeled off completely during shower and voila!


I have never seen myself with such beautiful brows ever!!!


8. Post embroidery care for the eyebrows?

You will be advised to not wet your eyebrows for the first 5 to 7 days after the embroidery. This is to ensure the pigment is not washed off by accident or something. For me, I was being smart so, this was what I did for the first 3 days after the embroidery.


I used plastic to protect my newly done eyebrow whenever I need to shower or to wash my face in the morning. I know it is tedious but the desire to be pretty is stronger hence, I would go through the trouble just to make sure the pigment sits still.

Aside from that, you will be advised to apply some cream over the newly done eyebrows to speed up the healing process. Your friendly beautician will tell you more about it.


9. How do you know if a certain eyebrow shape suits you?

You do not have to worry about it because the beautician will design and sketch on your preferred eyebrow shapes on your brows in order to find the most suitable one. She will also be giving you professional advises and suggestions.


10. Should I go for touch-up?

Yes, you should! 

Remember when I told you when the dead skin peels off, if you have itchy hands like mine, you may peel off the pigment, resulting in bald spots. Well, touch-up will fix that!


I did experience a bit of bleeding on the left eyebrow but it wasn't painful. This time around, the peeling took about 4 days. By the 5th day, although the skin on my eyebrows is still flaky, you could almost see the end result.


Some friends commented that my brows are a bit too dark after the touch-up but personally, I like it. I mean, the pigmentation will fade through time. 

I did my touch-up exactly one month after my first embroidery. However, it is NOT advisable for you to do so because our eyebrows need time to recover. The best time to do your touch-up is 2 months later to ensure the skin on your eyebrow has fully recovered.

*     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *

On the whole, I am very pleased with the result.

Before the embroidery, I had pretty short eyebrow lengthwise. Every time I did my make-up, I had to draw the end of the eyebrow on to achieve a more presentable look.


With my eyebrow done, I am able to spend less time trying to doll myself up. I haven't been drawing or filling in my eyebrows for the longest time after the embroidery. That makes me happy because I can worry less about having unruly and ugly eyebrows.


For those of you who are thinking of trying out embroidery, I would recommend going to Janssen Cosmetics at Kota Damansara. My beautician did a good job designing a pair of nice eyebrows based on the shape of my face. The whole experience was totally worth the money I have paid.

If you're interested, do click here to inquire about the available packages. They are active and responsive on their Facebook page. The friendly beauticians will be happy to assist you in answering your queries.
 

Last but not least, thank you to the wonder team of Teng Teng and Moon for our awesome eyebrow embroidery experience. I would definitely recommend friends and relatives to go there!


3 Weeks Post-Mortem Report

It has been 3 weeks since my touch-up - everything is good.


I could wake up, thinking less about doing my eyebrows.

Despite the fact that my eyebrows look so dark, I think I still look good - at least, presentable. I don't need to fumble through my make-up stash, trying to look for my eyebrow pencil. However, I do hope the darkness will fade a bit to ensure a even more natural look.

Probably need to get my hair dyed after this.


Anyway, if you are interested in eyebrow embroidery by Teng Teng and her team, do hit up Janssen Cosmetics.

No comments: